Thursday, June 7, 2007

So close...

The rest of the countertops are in - and I LOVE them. Brian will too when he gets home, I'm sure. I sent a pic to his Blackberry but it doesn't do them justice. In fairness to Home Depot, it WAS roughly 48 hours after my tirade about the wrong sink that this got done. Kudos to keeping a deadline.

Shot of the sink base and adjoining counter:


Close up on sink:


Call my crazy, but I think that dual-sized bowls in the sink really make an impact and class up the joint. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

We called our HD contact last night to confirm the plumber. You'll recall on Tuesday that it was 'either Thursday at 4pm or Friday morning at 7am.' With a promise he'd call us on Wednesday to confirm.

No call. So we called Home Depot. Of course, our guy is up in the mountains on 2-days off and won't be back until Friday. So the guy we spoke to called him, and said "I couldn't quite make out what he said but I think the plumber comes at 4pm." Lovely.

After the sink was installed, I called our contractor (unfortunately the only number I had was the owner's cell, but he was gracious). He's checking with our lead guy to confirm the plumber. I think if it's NOT tonight at 4pm, I'm going to explode. Still waiting to hear.

We also got 5 boxes from Kraftmaid via FedEx this morning - presumably all of our missing doors and pieces. So I let them know those are here and hopefully they can find time to install and get things finished.

Right now, I could care less about 3 damaged and 1 missing door. I want a sink. I want a dishwasher. Those are priorities!

0 Comments: