Saturday, July 14, 2007

Artwork.

One of the things about having a house (vs. an apartment) is the overwhelming need to decorate. This requires artwork, of course. We have a few pictures framed that I took - and some old posters we haven't put up yet (and may not), along with some unique prints that will eventually go somewhere, but we're more or less art-less.

Our first venture was a with allposters.com. It's an old Chicago & Southern airlines poster redone as a high quality print. You can order just the poster, or matte and frame it and have it shipped. We did the latter. It hangs behind our couch:



The second major piece came as a gift from my Mom. She's recently gotten back into painting (watercolors mostly) and wanted to do something for our house. It seems a bit frightening to get artwork from a relative - if you see something in a gallery that you hate, you don't have to buy it. Art from a family carries a certain obligation.

Fortunately, my Mom has been doing some really great work, and I really like her style. She used the color scheme in our house as a base, with an abstract frame of our front porch - and some brown-eyed susans for color and interest. It turned out great!

Mom and Dad brought it with them on their last visit - and we took it in to be framed. I just got it back today and hung it up. It looks fantastic. Here are two views:





I'm so proud to have her work on display - hopefully she'll give us more down the road :)

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.